Why The One Thing?
Between the blizzard of phone calls, inspections, meetings, transactions, registrations and commuting, where’s the time to read a book? And a book on time management when realtors scheduled are completely dictated by the client’s time, how does that tie in?
Realtors are entrepreneurs and all of us are juggling too many roles and responsibilities. We all want to take our business to the next level. And the one thing we need is to get more done in less time. We want the money while maintaining the balance between work and family responsibilities.
For instance if you have one or more of these questions, The One Thing can help you take a decision:
- How do I get more leads in less time?
- How do I keep my client’s happy?
- How do I keep my employees happy?
- How do I spend more time with my family?
- What do I do to go to the next level in my business?
Of course, there are no direct answers. The authors provide us a system that will help us take these decisions. Hence, The One Things is a must read for realtors. The One Thing is a productivity and time management book unlike any other. The One Thing is written for the chaos of our times.
Picture courtesy: www.the1thing.com
The book is divided in to 3 parts:
- Lies – debunks myths and lies that we have come to live with like multitasking, everything is equally important, what it means to be disciplined, the science behind will power and whether big is really bad?
- Truth – Helps us ask the right question – the one to focus on, how to make this a habit and discovering great answers for that one question.
- Extraordinary results – describes the path to achieving extraordinary results and the pitfalls to avoid to get there. And finally tips on practically executing the one thing.
The authors Gary Keller and Jay Papasan have given us a profound and enjoyable book to read. It’s peppered with fascinating quotes and backed by well researched articles. They’ve even underlined and circled important ideas in the book. Their one thing was to make the book easy to read and refer to! It works because this makes it very effective to refer back to the book when you need clarity on something.
Gary Keller is the chairman of the board for Keller Williams Realty. He has co-authored other best sellers like The Millionaire Real Estate Agent, The Millionaire Real Estate Investor, SHIFT: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times & others. He named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and the second-most influential person in the real estate industry by REALTOR® Magazine. His one thing is teaching and he’s active on Facebook
Jay Papasan has co-authored the bestselling Millionaire Real Estate series with Gary Keller. He was earlier the editor at Harper Collins Publishers. He co-owns a successful real estate team with his wife Wendy. He’s on Facebook.
The ONE reason why you should read this book is that it’s effective. It’s got a 4.1/5 rating on Good Reads (The world’s largest site for book recommendations). In the sub continent it’s priced at Rs.299 making it affordable for all. If you need tools, forms, webinars or videos they are available at http://www.the1thing.com/resources
Where to buy
Would you like to win a hardcover copy of The One Thing? Simply post a comment on this page and we’ll pick 2 random winners. Comments could be about other books you have read and liked, what you thought about our review or anything related to the topic.
- Contest ends on 10th July 2015.
- Book will be couriered to you in India only where Amazon India delivers.
- The decision of Realtalyst Online Services LLP will be final and binding on all participants.